Webalizer Segmentation Faults

December 19th, 2008 Blog 0 Comments

I had recently been getting some rather odd segmentation faults when running webalizer against some (not all) of my domains. Problem was that it wouldn’t always happen so i didn’t pay a great deal of attention to it. I later figured the up – then down – then up was related to my log rotation (yeah – duh!), so something in the logs was causing the process to fail.

After some serious digging (it drove me a little nuts) and a plethora of less than helpful tips and references I stumbled across this:  Webalizer – Web Server Statistics “how to”.

Apparently it has something to do with the way browsers accessing the site report their name and that some have multiple parens (‘(‘ and ‘)’) in it. This had the affect of confusing the mangle agent that reports agent names accessing the site. The fix was specifying a MangleAgents value other than 1 (zero or 2 worked fine). I set it to 2 and all is well – I now have all my stats working again.

iPod Evolution
Object Assemblers

About Takis Diakoumis

I am a software developer from Melbourne, Australia. I promote and support open source software and release whatever I can of my own work under the GPL license.

» has written 30 posts

No Comments


 

Categories